Ending the marriage- the process to decree absolute
Financial issues in divorce- ancillary relief
Divorce and Pensions
Divorce advice for men
Divorce for non residents
DIY divorces
Timescale - quick divorce or not
Wills & divorce
Legal Aid











Prenuptial Agreements
Judicial Separation
Changing surnames
Civil partnerships


Legal Stuff
This is a UK based forum about divorce and related issues. Feel free to contribute. Your experiences or opinions may help others. The links on the left lead to basic information about most common divorce questions. The information opens in a separate window. You can use the search function to search the forum.
User: Log In Create A New Profile
Actions: New Topic Print View RSS
History: Home UK Divorce Forum
Court Order for Form E Submission (4 Posts)
Started By:
03 November, 2009 07:49PM
Court Order for Form E Submission
celiahill26 - 03 November, 2009 07:49PM
My daughter has had to issue a Court Order to force her husband to submit his Form E. She has already submitted her Form E.
My question is: What happens if, despite having a Court Order, he still does not submit it?

My daughter requires the Financial information so that she can try to negotiate a settlement with her husband, as she cannot afford to attend Court.
Re: Court Order for Form E Submission
davidterry - 04 November, 2009 09:49AM
When directed by a court to file a Form E most people do. It is only a tiny minority of people who will ignore a court direction. If they do then the court will usually issue the direction again but endorse on a it a warning that if the person does not comply then he/she may be guilty of contempt of court and may be sent to prison for contempt. If a person still refuses to comply then steps may be taken to have him/her committed to prison. This rarely happens although I have had to do it once and the husband was sent to prison in that case. He was only there overnight and when he was brought before the judge the following day he agreed to complete a Form E and did so. Very few people go to these lengths.
Re: Court Order for Form E Submission
YZF1000R - 04 November, 2009 10:18AM
What is a Form E Submission?
Re: Court Order for Form E Submission
davidterry - 04 November, 2009 11:38AM
In formal ancillary relief proceedings financial disclosure is made by completing and swearing a 29 page form called a Form E. That form is then filed with the court and exchanged with the other side. Form E is also often used by many solicitors as a way of making voluntary financial disclosure although it is probably excessive to use this form for voluntary disclosure.
Goto Topic: Previous Next

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.