Ending the marriage- the process to decree absolute
Financial issues in divorce- ancillary relief
Divorce and Pensions
Divorce advice for men
Divorce for non residents
DIY divorces
Timescale - quick divorce or not
Wills & divorce
Legal Aid











Prenuptial Agreements
Judicial Separation
Changing surnames
Civil partnerships


Legal Stuff
This is a UK based forum about divorce and related issues. Feel free to contribute. Your experiences or opinions may help others. The links on the left lead to basic information about most common divorce questions. The information opens in a separate window. You can use the search function to search the forum.
User: Log In Create A New Profile
Actions: New Topic Print View RSS
History: Home UK Divorce Forum
Solicitor sent me someone else paperwork plus other errors (3 Posts)
Started By:
07 March, 2018 12:17PM
Solicitor sent me someone else paperwork plus other errors
Mandy98 - 07 March, 2018 12:17PM

Help, I'm very worried to say the least. Today I got my Grant of Certificate of Entitlement to a Decree along with a case number and names of another couple getting divorced and mine.

Really worried.
Its not the first mistake BY MY SOLICITOR either:
They sent my husband the Divorce Petition and failed to send me the first 4 pages in copy which stated why I was divorcing him
They sent my husband the Form E request to the wrong address and had to resend.
They requested money from me that I had already paid and had proof of payment
Now this, receiving someone else's Divorce court papers with names, dates of marriage ,case number etc.

Please help me???

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/03/2018 12:25PM by Mandy98.
Re: Solicitor sent me someone else paperwork plus other errors
Pansy Gale - 09 March, 2018 01:40PM

I am not a professional but I would say your first action could be to write to the solicitor. It would be good if they could re-assure you that everything had been done properly. I agree it sounds concerning. If you get no reply or an unsatisfactory one perhaps you could look into a complaint?
Google gave me the following;





I don't know about you but I became afraid to ask for advice because a simple query seemed to cost me at least £200!

Good luck
Re: Solicitor sent me someone else paperwork plus other errors
davidterry - 09 March, 2018 06:07PM
Generally speaking if you receive what you think is poor service you raise it in the first instance with the person or organisation which provided that service. Do unto others etc is in general a good rule of thumb.
Goto Topic: Previous Next

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.