Timescale - quick divorce or not
Wills & divorce
Legal Aid

Prenuptial Agreements
Judicial Separation
Changing surnames
Civil partnerships

Legal Stuff
This is a UK based forum about divorce and related issues. Feel free to contribute. Your experiences or opinions may help others. The links on the left lead to basic information about most common divorce questions. The information opens in a separate window. You can use the search function to search the forum.
User: Log In Create A New Profile
Actions: New Topic Print View RSS
History: Home UK Divorce Forum
Child Maintainence (3 Posts)
Started By:
04 March, 2018 10:39AM
Child Maintainence
Mike78 - 04 March, 2018 10:39AM
Hi All,

I have 2 questions on which i am seeking Advice.

1. What happens if one fails to pay child maintenance charges due to your unavoidable financials circumstances on later date. This can be due losing job, less salary etc. In case of less salary child maintenance changes accordingly?

2. Is there any difference in divorce proceedings/financial settlement of > 10 years of marriage and < 10 year of marriage?

Re: Child Maintainence
Andyk - 05 March, 2018 08:29AM
If the child maintenance has been ordered by the court, I believe that you will have to take that back to court to get it reduced, which will cost you, probably more than you are looking to save. If you are paying through the CSA then you will probably have to prove to them your reduced circumstances.

Less or more than 10 years, if there is a child involved it makes no difference.
Re: Child Maintainence
davidterry - 05 March, 2018 12:27PM
Just as a matter of interest, if you have a child why should you not be expected to maintain that child whether your income is reduced or not? Why should anyone else be expected to maintain your child? Obviously if you are hospitalised and have no income through no fault of your own no-one would say that you should pay what you do not have but your question does not come across like that.
Goto Topic: Previous Next

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.