Ending the marriage- the process to decree absolute
Financial issues in divorce- ancillary relief
Divorce and Pensions
Divorce advice for men
Divorce for non residents
DIY divorces
Timescale - quick divorce or not
Wills & divorce
Legal Aid











Prenuptial Agreements
Judicial Separation
Changing surnames
Civil partnerships


Legal Stuff
This is a UK based forum about divorce and related issues. Feel free to contribute. Your experiences or opinions may help others. The links on the left lead to basic information about most common divorce questions. The information opens in a separate window. You can use the search function to search the forum.
User: Log In Create A New Profile
Actions: New Topic Print View RSS
History: Home UK Divorce Forum
No decree absolute (3 Posts)
Started By:
28 February, 2018 12:44AM
No decree absolute
wolv3rene - 28 February, 2018 12:44AM
I got divorced and my solicitor said during an email that he would keep it on file until he wrote to me again and then send my decree absolute, however it never came.

I contacted him to search for it, he’s a bumbling idiot and useless, should I contact the practice manager or wait until it surfaces.
Unless anyone knows of a way to get it from them an easier way, I don’t think I should be paying extra for something I’ve not had.
Re: No decree absolute
davidterry - 28 February, 2018 10:55AM
You can check that you have decree absolute by contacting the court and quoting the case number. If it has been granted they will have sent it to your solicitor. If it has been granted and they haven't received it then they can argue the toss with the court about whether they will send another one. If it has been granted it is easy enough to get a duplicate by quoting the case number and paying the fee which is currently £10.
Re: No decree absolute
wolv3rene - 28 February, 2018 11:46PM
Thanks for that
Goto Topic: Previous Next

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.