Timescale - quick divorce or not
Wills & divorce
Legal Aid

Prenuptial Agreements
Judicial Separation
Changing surnames
Civil partnerships

Legal Stuff
ex refusing to sign transfer transfer of deeds (3 Posts)
Started By:
20 February, 2018 04:40PM
ex refusing to sign transfer transfer of deeds
Anna2339 - 20 February, 2018 04:40PM
I have been divorced for 2 years, we had a 'clean break' divorce with a lump sum payment to my ex wife. Transfer of the deeds into my sole name was delayed as we had a interest only mortgage, the mortgage term end on the 28th of February 2018. The bank is owned £201,000
The house has been on the market and is now sold (subject to contract) All was going well until my ex wife said she wont sign the transfer of deeds - unless she is paid £20,000 this breaks the terms of our 'clean break' order.
What do I do now, can the country court sign on her behalf? Do I have to take her back to court, I worried if she drags this out the sale will collapse. Really stressed out,
Re: ex refusing to sign transfer transfer of deeds
davidterry - 20 February, 2018 05:47PM
Under no circumstances should you pay your ex wife £20,000 or any other sum of money if she is not due that sum of money under the terms of settlement you appear to have reached. You or a solicitor acting for you should write to your ex wife formally enclosing the transfer and asking her to sign and return it within 7 days. The letter should go on to say that if she does not comply you will make an application to the court for a judge to sign on her behalf and that you will be asking the court to order that she pays all the costs involved. You should not give in to this blackmail and you do not have to.
Re: ex refusing to sign transfer transfer of deeds
Anna2339 - 20 February, 2018 06:46PM
Thank you so much for your reply, much appreciated
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.