Judicial Separation
Changing surnames
Civil partnerships

Contact
Contact

Legal Stuff
Disclaimer
Topic:
We divorced, obtained a consent order and now want to remarry... each other! (2 Posts)
Started By:
Date:
19 February, 2018 07:49PM
We divorced, obtained a consent order and now want to remarry... each other!
glennog - 19 February, 2018 07:49PM
My ex-wife and I divorced around 10 years ago and following a Financial Dispute Resolution a Consent Order was agreed and sealed by the court. We have now reconciled and want to remarry, but we are concerned about the Consent Order. Can we get it set aside? There appears to be no precedent for this in any of the research I have carried out. Should we remarry first and then worry about the CO later, should we remarry and then seek to get the CO set aside or should we deal with the CO before we remarry?
Re: We divorced, obtained a consent order and now want to remarry... each other!
davidterry - 20 February, 2018 10:09AM
It depends what it says but if you remarry you are both free to start afresh so far as any financial issues are concerned. You do not need to get any consent order set aside. If, say, it provided for a pension sharing order and that was implemented then that sort of thing is water under the bridge and cannot be reversed. Something like a transfer of property on the other hand can easily be reversed (assuming reversing it is what is appropriate).
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.