Changing surnames
Civil partnerships

Legal Stuff
Final Hearing (5 Posts)
Started By:
10 February, 2018 03:56PM
Final Hearing
Sasha125 - 10 February, 2018 03:56PM
Hi there, wondering if someone’s can help/advice please, going through divorce, petitioned 18 months ago, we own a house in uk aswell as in another country, we have four kids together, 3 adults & 1 minor child. at FDR hearing in October my husband told the judge if I don’t accept 50/50 from the uk house he won’t sell, I don’t want to live there (abusive husband & sons), I have now left to live in a refuge with the young child, What I wanted to know is if husband finds another woman and has a baby with her, would it make a difference to our situation?, He has been told by judge at the FDR to go and sell the other house, but he didn’t, we have a final hearing in March, and also wondering what’ll happen if husband don’t attend?, thank you Kind Regards
Re: Final Hearing
davidterry - 12 February, 2018 03:25PM
I think the judge at the FDR probably gave you as good an indication as you are likely to get. It is very rare for people not to attend a final hearing. Since your husband attended the FDR I would think he will attend the final hearing.
Sasha125 - 13 February, 2018 07:28AM
Husband now refusing to sell the house in uk there is a buyer), estate agents even went to the house for husband and adult sons to sign, he refused to sign solicitors letter for house selling... At final hearing would judge sign on behalf of husband if he attends or would we have to wait?, First when I petitioned for divorce , husband told me that if I tell court that we have another house abroad, he’ll make sure that this drags on a few years, I’m just scared incase he will make excuses after excuses, thank you in advance
davidterry - 13 February, 2018 02:39PM
If a court orders a sale then ultimately a judge would sign any transfer on your husband's behalf if he refused to sign.
Sasha125 - 16 February, 2018 02:32PM
Thanks terry
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.