Ending the marriage- the process to decree absolute
Financial issues in divorce- ancillary relief
Divorce and Pensions
Divorce advice for men
Divorce for non residents
DIY divorces
Timescale - quick divorce or not
Wills & divorce
Legal Aid











Prenuptial Agreements
Judicial Separation
Changing surnames
Civil partnerships


Legal Stuff
This is a UK based forum about divorce and related issues. Feel free to contribute. Your experiences or opinions may help others. The links on the left lead to basic information about most common divorce questions. The information opens in a separate window. You can use the search function to search the forum.
User: Log In Create A New Profile
Actions: New Topic Print View RSS
History: Home UK Divorce Forum
Financial split AFTER decree absolute (2 Posts)
Started By:
09 February, 2018 05:23PM
Financial split AFTER decree absolute
MartinT - 09 February, 2018 05:23PM
My ex wife and I divorced in March last year. We did not get a clean break divorce but would now like to end all
Financial ties to each other. I have looked online but can’t see how to do this, please help. We have no property or finances together. We have one child who is now 18. We previously agreed that no more money would change hands. So it is just a legal
Agreement we want so there is no actions possible in the future.
Re: Financial split AFTER decree absolute
davidterry - 09 February, 2018 06:04PM
In order to make it formal and final you need a court order. This can be done by consent and if you are both agreed it is a matter of drafting an appropriate document, submitting the relevant paperwork to the court and paying the court fee. Doing this normally requires the assistance of a solicitor. If you are both agreed the cost should be modest.
Goto Topic: Previous Next

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.