Topic:
Ex withholding Passport (4 Posts)
Started By:
Date:
17 January, 2018 09:28AM
Ex withholding Passport
singlemum12 - 17 January, 2018 09:28AM
Hi all

My husband who I am separated for is living in the matrimonial home and has changed the locks. I need my passport for ID purposes and he is ignoring all my messages. He said months ago that he could not find it, but even when I sent a message saying I know where it is (and explaining) and if he can't find it, can I come and look for it, he is ignoring them.

Can I ring the police (non emergency obviously)? I need it ASAP for trying to sort out housing!
Re: Ex withholding Passport
Maddie - 17 January, 2018 03:35PM
From reading your previous posts and now this, your ex sounds like a bully. I would call the police (non emergency) and arrange a police officer to go there with you to collect anything you need.
I hope this nightmare of yours ends soon - and it will.
singlemum12 - 17 January, 2018 07:18PM
Thank you so much. I feel like it is never ending sad smiley He is a bully.. he didn’t get what he wanted (me back), so now he is making everything absolute hell. X
puma931 - 19 January, 2018 09:58AM
If the house is still in joint names (your name is on the mortgage) then wait for him to leave the house, turn up with a lock smith, and you and a friend (witness) enter the house to remove what is yours and leave a note detailing what you took. As suggested above you might also want to call/inform the police (they may attend if there have been past call outs).

If the house is not in joint names then I am not sure if you have the right to enter the house.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.