Ending the marriage- the process to decree absolute
Financial issues in divorce- ancillary relief
Divorce and Pensions
Divorce advice for men
Divorce for non residents
DIY divorces
Timescale - quick divorce or not
Wills & divorce
Legal Aid











Prenuptial Agreements
Judicial Separation
Changing surnames
Civil partnerships


Legal Stuff
This is a UK based forum about divorce and related issues. Feel free to contribute. Your experiences or opinions may help others. The links on the left lead to basic information about most common divorce questions. The information opens in a separate window. You can use the search function to search the forum.
User: Log In Create A New Profile
Actions: New Topic Print View RSS
History: Home UK Divorce Forum
Ex withholding Passport (4 Posts)
Started By:
17 January, 2018 09:28AM
Ex withholding Passport
singlemum12 - 17 January, 2018 09:28AM
Hi all

My husband who I am separated for is living in the matrimonial home and has changed the locks. I need my passport for ID purposes and he is ignoring all my messages. He said months ago that he could not find it, but even when I sent a message saying I know where it is (and explaining) and if he can't find it, can I come and look for it, he is ignoring them.

Can I ring the police (non emergency obviously)? I need it ASAP for trying to sort out housing!
Re: Ex withholding Passport
Maddie - 17 January, 2018 03:35PM
From reading your previous posts and now this, your ex sounds like a bully. I would call the police (non emergency) and arrange a police officer to go there with you to collect anything you need.
I hope this nightmare of yours ends soon - and it will.
Re: Ex withholding Passport
singlemum12 - 17 January, 2018 07:18PM
Thank you so much. I feel like it is never ending sad smiley He is a bully.. he didn’t get what he wanted (me back), so now he is making everything absolute hell. X
Re: Ex withholding Passport
puma931 - 19 January, 2018 09:58AM
If the house is still in joint names (your name is on the mortgage) then wait for him to leave the house, turn up with a lock smith, and you and a friend (witness) enter the house to remove what is yours and leave a note detailing what you took. As suggested above you might also want to call/inform the police (they may attend if there have been past call outs).

If the house is not in joint names then I am not sure if you have the right to enter the house.
Goto Topic: Previous Next

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.