Judicial Separation
Changing surnames
Civil partnerships

Contact
Contact

Legal Stuff
Disclaimer
Topic:
Take him to court to see his own kids?? Anyone done this? (5 Posts)
Started By:
Date:
12 January, 2018 11:15AM
Take him to court to see his own kids?? Anyone done this?
Lexie - 12 January, 2018 11:15AM
I am so frustrated!!!

My ex-husband is such a lame excuse for a parent!

He only lives 30 minutes away and has them every other weekend. Thats it. No contact in between nothing. I have to fight him to make contact with them as they want it and it's me that see's the heartbreak when he doesn't call/facetime. They are 11 and 6. We've only been separated a year. He lives with his new GF and her 2 kids and I know this upsets my 2 that he is with them.

We are currently arguing about the school holidays. He has 40 days AL per year, he's in Army and get loads! He is saying he doesn't have to have them at all and quite frankly isn't interested in any extra time over and above his weekends and even them he drops sometimes. I also work full time!

I feel like I need to take him to court to make him see his own kids, make him have contact and make him responsible for half the school holidays - why is it all my job?!?!

Anyone else done this?

thanks x
Re: Take him to court to see his own kids?? Anyone done this?
davidterry - 12 January, 2018 12:16PM
>>I feel like I need to take him to court to make him see his own kids,

You cannot do that and you would be wasting your money if you did. Courts cannot compel people to see children against their will.
Lexie - 12 January, 2018 01:01PM
We have a verbal agreement of every other weekend but what if I wanted it made formal, to ensure he sticks to it? And then to also cover some care during holidays?
Andyk - 12 January, 2018 01:52PM
I think that either way you are peeing into the wind as it were.

It is the same for blokes that have an agreement in place to see their children but then their wives then refuse to let them go, what can the bloke do, not a lot. The same would apply here, he has an agreement in place to see them every other weekend but then decides he would rather go out with his mates, what do you do, take him to court and waste money on it?
davidterry - 12 January, 2018 02:25PM
You can't ensure he 'sticks' to it in the sense of making him have contact with the children if that is not what he wants. A court will not make any order of that nature against his will. And even if a court made such an order by consent and your ex changed his mind there would be nothing anyone could do about it. You cannot force a person to have contact if that is not what they want.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.