Cohabitees
Judicial Separation
Changing surnames
Civil partnerships

Contact
Contact

Legal Stuff
Disclaimer
This is a UK based forum about divorce and related issues. Feel free to contribute. Your experiences or opinions may help others. The links on the left lead to basic information about most common divorce questions. The information opens in a separate window. You can use the search function to search the forum.
User: Log In Create A New Profile
Actions: New Topic Print View RSS
Search
History: Home UK Divorce Forum
Topic:
Time wasting causing breach of court order (2 Posts)
Started By:
Date:
02 January, 2018 10:51AM
Time wasting causing breach of court order
Lozz72 - 02 January, 2018 10:51AM
Hi I took my ex husband to court a couple of years ago to try and get him off our mortgage and deeds to our property as we had been separated for 9 years and I live in the property which I have paid the mortgage and all the bills etc. The courts ordered me to pay him £7000 within a year or I would have to sell the house and give him 25%!! I managed to get the money together but in this time I found out he had put 3 ccjs against the property. He agreed to find out how much they were and I could take it out of the £7000 so I left it in his hands. (Stupid me) I kept prompting him to get it sorted but a year passed and he turned round and said " ha ha a years up you have to sell the house and give me 25%!! I tried to talk to him but no joy so I got a solicitor to write to him but it took 6 months for him to send a hand written letter back stating he now wants £22000 from me. Can I take him back to court even though it's me who is in breach of the court order??
Re: Time wasting causing breach of court order
davidterry - 02 January, 2018 11:25AM
It is impossible to give a meaningful answer to this without seeing the court order and copies of all correspondence which has passed between you. It would probably be sensible if you made an appointment to see a local solicitor and take copies of these documents with you. To save time you should send copies to whichever solicitor you use in advance of the actual appointment.
Goto Topic: Previous Next

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.