Judicial Separation
Changing surnames
Civil partnerships

Contact
Contact

Legal Stuff
Disclaimer
Topic:
Advice please re: Settlement discussions prior to final hearing (2 Posts)
Started By:
Date:
24 December, 2017 03:23AM
Advice please re: Settlement discussions prior to final hearing
ch - 24 December, 2017 03:23AM
The final hearing is set, my ex, the applicant, has not put forward any settlement suggestions in any format although I have, by telephone, to his solicitor. I do not have a solicitor.

Do I have to put any suggestions to his solicitor rather than him directly as I am not sure the solicitor is passing on my suggestions to him?

Could I e.mail him a suggestion and would I simply list the suggestion without reasons or explanation? Should I then file the information with the court for the final hearing?

Should I mention the divorce court costs that wee awarded to me that he has not paid?

Finally, we had to file our Statements by 18th December which I did and copied to his solicitor although I have not received his: should I point this out to the court?

I would be grateful for feedback, CH
Re: Advice please re: Settlement discussions prior to final hearing
davidterry - 24 December, 2017 06:19PM
If you make any proposals to settle it is much better to make those proposals in writing so that (a) there can be no dispute about it and (b) so that the terms are clear. Such a proposal should always be headed 'Without Prejudice'. If you do not use these words then your proposal can be shown to a court and the court will ten take this proposal as what you are willing to pay and work up (not down) from there.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.