Cohabitees
Judicial Separation
Changing surnames
Civil partnerships

Contact
Contact

Legal Stuff
Disclaimer
This is a UK based forum about divorce and related issues. Feel free to contribute. Your experiences or opinions may help others. The links on the left lead to basic information about most common divorce questions. The information opens in a separate window. You can use the search function to search the forum.
User: Log In Create A New Profile
Actions: New Topic Print View RSS
Search
History: Home UK Divorce Forum
Topic:
Divorce when living with parents (2 Posts)
Started By:
Date:
06 December, 2017 10:56AM
Divorce when living with parents
Jaysin - 06 December, 2017 10:56AM
Hey all,

I find myself in a pretty messed up situation

Relationship has been bad for a number of years but never done anything about it, just as I began looking into the possibility of divorce my wife fell pregnant, divorce thoughts left my head, decided it had to work we sold our house and moved in with my parents to save until the New Year at which point the plan is to buy our “forever home...

Daughter is now here and I couldn’t be happier to be a father, however I need to end the marriage, for me it’s already all but over

I just have no idea what to do as we’re living in my parents house if I told her it was over and she needed to move out she’d have nowhere to go, if she did my daughter would go with her no doubt. But to be honest I just think she’d refuse and my parents would convince me to let her stay

Any help on where to even start in approaching a divorce is much appreciated

Thabks
Re: Divorce when living with parents
davidterry - 06 December, 2017 02:48PM
Well, if you had bought your forever home the chances are that you would be the one who had to leave it. If you think the marriage is over and you want a divorce then you should seek a divorce no matter what anyone else thinks. It is a matter for your parents what they wish to do about your wife after you have obtained a divorce. There are some things which are within your control and others which are not. You should concentrate upon what is in your control and obtaining a divorce if that is what you want is something within your control alone.
Goto Topic: Previous Next

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.