Cohabitees
Judicial Separation
Changing surnames
Civil partnerships

Contact
Contact

Legal Stuff
Disclaimer
This is a UK based forum about divorce and related issues. Feel free to contribute. Your experiences or opinions may help others. The links on the left lead to basic information about most common divorce questions. The information opens in a separate window. You can use the search function to search the forum.
User: Log In Create A New Profile
Actions: New Topic Print View RSS
Search
History: Home UK Divorce Forum
Topic:
Please help!!! What will my ex wife be entitled to? (4 Posts)
Started By:
Date:
25 November, 2017 08:57AM
Please help!!! What will my ex wife be entitled to?
Jacob2121 - 25 November, 2017 08:57AM
Hi,

Could I please ask for advise? I Don't know what to do about separation and settlement.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 26/11/2017 09:34PM by Jacob2121.
Re: Please help!!! What will my ex wife be entitled to?
davidterry - 25 November, 2017 11:05AM
>>My solicitor did say she is not entitled to anything as she has never contributed.

I very much doubt that your solicitor said that. The fact is that you have been together for six years and there are two dependent children. Those facts count for much more than whether your wife contributed or not. And, incidentally, you adopt a very narrow definition of contribution. Your wife has given birth to two children after all.
Jacob2121 - 25 November, 2017 12:06PM
I apologise if I have come across the wrong way from what I have wrote. Yes very true WE have 2 children together which I fully support financially and love them unconditionally.
This is why I am asking here because I really Don't want to go to court and both of us waste thousands for nothing. I can assure you that is what he advised me,which confused me.
I am just trying to protect house for my children's future as since my dx left she has developed a substantial amount of debt through bad financial decisions. I have just initiated mediation in the hope we can sort everything amicablely as I Don't think I could personally cope with court because I'm going through a second cancer scare, which I need to deal with so I can be there for the children.
Bustedlanda - 28 November, 2017 11:14AM
My advice to you would be, tell your solicitor everything you know (truthfully) and take his advice. If you lie it will only backfire and cost you a whole lot more financially and emotionally. The housing needs of the your children will be the judges priority.
Goto Topic: Previous Next

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.