Ending the marriage- the process to decree absolute
Financial issues in divorce- ancillary relief
Divorce and Pensions
Divorce advice for men
Divorce for non residents
DIY divorces
Timescale - quick divorce or not
Wills & divorce
Legal Aid











Prenuptial Agreements
Judicial Separation
Changing surnames
Civil partnerships


Legal Stuff
Respondent Address (2 Posts)
Started By:
07 November, 2017 10:38PM
Respondent Address
Pepperpot1973 - 07 November, 2017 10:38PM
My ex and I have agreed to dissolve our Civil Partnership.

It will be uncontested.

Although we still talk my ex wishes to keep his home address private. I respect this.

He gave me an address other than his home one for the dissolution petition to be sent. I left the home address blank and filled in the 'Their solicitors or other address they have provided' box.

The forms have now been returned to me stating the courts are unable to accept a work address (it is not his work address but that of his letting agent).

I'm confused about what to do and have been given conflicting advice.

He has said that the forms can be sent to my Dad's address and he will pick them up from there, or, his parents address (which is a fair distance away from town).

Can I simply put one of those addresses in the 'other address they have provided' or must there be a home address ?

One school of instruction says I must make effort to find his home address (which sounds rather aggressive as he is playing ball). If not I have to apply to the court for an alternative arrangement. The other instruction says leaving the home address blank and putting in a new address in the 'other address provided' is fine.

I don't have resources to pay a solicitor and really we shouldn't need one.

This is so frustrating. Can anyone who actually knows help ?
Re: Respondent Address
Bustedlanda - 08 November, 2017 11:44AM
Have you tried calling the court directly? The should be able to tell you what to do.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.