Cohabitees
Judicial Separation
Changing surnames
Civil partnerships

Contact
Contact

Legal Stuff
Disclaimer
This is a UK based forum about divorce and related issues. Feel free to contribute. Your experiences or opinions may help others. The links on the left lead to basic information about most common divorce questions. The information opens in a separate window. You can use the search function to search the forum.
User: Log In Create A New Profile
Actions: New Topic Print View RSS
Search
History: Home UK Divorce Forum
Topic:
Had we been separated 5 years? (5 Posts)
Started By:
Date:
04 November, 2017 07:16PM
Had we been separated 5 years?
Mawler - 04 November, 2017 07:16PM
As per topic.

We separated March 2011 however when the wife got another house in around July 2011 the relationship rekindled. I often slept at her house in the same bed as her, she stayed at mine a few times. I also at her request took her to Spain April 2012 for our 24th wedding anniversary. In March 2013 she ended the relationship but we stayed amicable.

In October 2016 she filed for divorce stating 5 year separation which I disagree with. Who’s correct?

Thanks.
Re: Had we been separated 5 years?
HatMan - 05 November, 2017 07:38AM
Why bother disagreeing ? - She wants a divorce , she is going to get one whether you want it or not, just run with the 5 year separation and make it easy for everyone. You will gain nothing by point scoring that you were technically correct over a specific date...and in any case in March ( even by your reckoning it will be 5 years so..seriously let it go !)

And all that ignores the fact that she is correct in saying that you weren't living together since 2011 - just occasionally dossing at each others houses.
Mawler - 05 November, 2017 07:46AM
I have my reasons. Reasons I’d rather not go into.

In the eyes of the law. In October 2016 had we been separated 5 years.

Thanks.
HatMan - 05 November, 2017 08:18AM
I would say yes - you had two houses and by anyone's definition that is separated....she can show that as a fact and anything else will be subject to debate, her facts will trump your assertions.
Mawler - 05 November, 2017 08:45AM
During this time I also helped her financially. Gave her money, paid for groceries, paid £600 vets bills and paid her car insurance up until January 2016.

Was after I stopped paying her car insurance that her attitude towards me changed. I must have MUG tattooed on my forehead oh well
Goto Topic: Previous Next

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.