Judicial Separation
Changing surnames
Civil partnerships

Contact
Contact

Legal Stuff
Disclaimer
Topic:
UK divorce has wrong foreign place name (4 Posts)
Started By:
Date:
26 October, 2017 05:14PM
UK divorce has wrong foreign place name
tops - 26 October, 2017 05:14PM
divorce was in UK and married in another euro country and has wrong place of marriage on it (different town)

now I want to also get the country of marriage to acknowledge the divorce, but cannot, as the marriage cert and divorce cert place names do not match.

it was a very long time ago, but will be on records and I have copy of divorce certificate

will UK simply change and issue an amended divorce certificate, if I show them the original marriage certificate? for is it more complicated than that?

I must have not shown them the originall marriage cert upon divorce or they would have had the correct info, it was probably my mistake in filling a form.
Re: UK divorce has wrong foreign place name
davidterry - 26 October, 2017 05:41PM
>>will UK simply change and issue an amended divorce certificate, if I show them the original marriage certificate? for is it more complicated than that?

It is more complicated than that. How simple or complicated it is rather depends upon whether it was you or the court which made the mistake.
tops - 26 October, 2017 06:38PM
divorce, over 15 years ago,

do they ask for the original marriage certificate for divorce details? I do not remember submitting the marriage cert,

possibly it is my mistake? It was my birth town that went on there instead,
so it was a genuine mistake, it was not some random town.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 26/10/2017 06:41PM by tops.
davidterry - 27 October, 2017 09:44AM
>>do they ask for the original marriage certificate for divorce details?

They do. However, if the details on the divorce petition do not correspond exactly with the details on the marriage certificate it is not for the court to correct the mistake.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.