Judicial Separation
Changing surnames
Civil partnerships

Contact
Contact

Legal Stuff
Disclaimer
Topic:
international divorce valid or not in UK (2 Posts)
Started By:
Date:
10 October, 2017 04:13PM
international divorce valid or not in UK
surge7 - 10 October, 2017 04:13PM
I am British Pakistani but Pakistani by birth. I got married last year in Pakistan to a Pakistani Girl (Just Nikah which is registered in Pakistan and rukhstani never happened). We both never lived together, So its non-consummated marriage. I applied for her spouse visa which she got it and she came over here on her own recently but we never lived together as husband and wife not even for one night. My question is that can I divorce her in pakistan whilst we both are in the UK. She is Pakistani national. I spoke to quite a few solicitors and they have two different view. Some says its valid in the UK and says its dont. Reason i dont want to divorce here is that i dont know her address in the UK.

I have withdrawn my sponsorship to spouse visa and its either in process of curtailment or curtailed.

My Question: is my overseas/pakistani divorce valid in the UK if I divorce her in Pakistan whilst I am in the UK? Do I have to be present in pakistan or can I sign the paper and follow the pakistani procedure?

Please refer to the below link.
[www.gov.uk] ... rces-set13
Please refer to the set13.5 from the link and advice.
Re: international divorce valid or not in UK
surge7 - 11 October, 2017 08:00AM
Any Takers?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.