Ending the marriage- the process to decree absolute
Financial issues in divorce- ancillary relief
Divorce and Pensions
Divorce advice for men
Divorce for non residents
DIY divorces
Timescale - quick divorce or not
Wills & divorce
Legal Aid











Prenuptial Agreements
Judicial Separation
Changing surnames
Civil partnerships


Legal Stuff
Refuse to sign consent order? (3 Posts)
Started By:
09 October, 2017 10:31AM
Refuse to sign consent order?
Bustedlanda - 09 October, 2017 10:31AM
I am the respondent in my divorce. My wife and I came to an agreement 3 months ago but I am still waiting for her solicitors drafted consent order. Is this a normal timescale? The consent order is for my wife to remain in the property but to pay me a lump sum.

If this is dragged out for a long time, can I refuse to sign the consent order? In this time the house could increase/decrease in value. I want this divorce to be as fair as possible for the pair of us.
Re: Refuse to sign consent order?
davidterry - 09 October, 2017 12:27PM
It is not a normal time scale IF there is agreement. Usually when people reach agreement it is sensible to get the agreement drawn up formally as soon as reasonably possible. The longer it is left the greater the chances something will change and/or there will be a change of mind.
Re: Refuse to sign consent order?
Bustedlanda - 09 October, 2017 12:46PM
Thank you David Terry!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.