Ending the marriage- the process to decree absolute
Financial issues in divorce- ancillary relief
Divorce and Pensions
Divorce advice for men
Divorce for non residents
DIY divorces
Timescale - quick divorce or not
Wills & divorce
Legal Aid











Prenuptial Agreements
Judicial Separation
Changing surnames
Civil partnerships


Legal Stuff
This is a UK based forum about divorce and related issues. Feel free to contribute. Your experiences or opinions may help others. The links on the left lead to basic information about most common divorce questions. The information opens in a separate window. You can use the search function to search the forum.
User: Log In Create A New Profile
Actions: New Topic Print View RSS
History: Home UK Divorce Forum
Divorce after 11 yrs separation (2 Posts)
Started By:
05 September, 2017 06:12AM
Divorce after 11 yrs separation
Hopeful - 05 September, 2017 06:12AM
My OH has been separated for 11 yrs not divorced. Ex lives in marital home he pays bills. He has new house. He wants a divorce. She does not allow him access to marital home which is in poor state. How does he get around this? Is she entitled to shares from his new house? One child grown up and own house with partner so no child maintenance. What's his best course of action. She can be unstable due to alcohol issues but amicable at present.
Re: Divorce after 11 yrs separation
davidterry - 08 September, 2017 02:18PM
There is no reason why he cannot obtain a divorce from his wife if he wants. He does not need her permission or co-operation. The obvious ground for the divorce would be five (or more) years' separation.

Bearing in mind there is a former matrimonial home it is unlikely that his wife would have a real claim against his new house. The new house may mean, though, that his ex will get the former matrimonial home.
Goto Topic: Previous Next

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.