Cohabitees
Judicial Separation
Changing surnames
Civil partnerships

Contact
Contact

Legal Stuff
Disclaimer
This is a UK based forum about divorce and related issues. Feel free to contribute. Your experiences or opinions may help others. The links on the left lead to basic information about most common divorce questions. The information opens in a separate window. You can use the search function to search the forum.
User: Log In Create A New Profile
Actions: New Topic Print View RSS
Search
History: Home UK Divorce Forum
Topic:
Qestionnaire requesting further information (8 Posts)
Started By:
Date:
28 August, 2017 04:53PM
Qestionnaire requesting further information
karen9764 - 28 August, 2017 04:53PM
Even though i will not be persuing maintenance is it still relevant that i raise questions regarding the lies on hubbys Form E when it comes to his income and outgoings.

Our only issue is going to be the division of the family home.
Re: Qestionnaire requesting further information
bengalgirl - 28 August, 2017 05:10PM
I raised questions about ALL my ex's lies and undisclosed income, policies and valuations. I have supporting evidence of each item and think it imperative that all is fully disclosed to come to the right settlement.
I've got to that point myself, received his questionnaire, sent mine and waiting for his answers which I know he won't be able to answer, hence a settlement offer I received from him last week - that I have of course rejected until all is revealed.
My tip to you is to be honest and disclose everything fully and honestly.
Good Luck!
karen9764 - 28 August, 2017 05:31PM
Thank you for your reply bengalgirl.

Hubby is a compulsive liar,he would even lie about what he had for breakfast.
We have been separated for over 3 years and during that time he has kept a low profile,been very secretative and told more lies in the past 3 years than he did in the 30 years we were together.
He is pleading poverty,no money,no work,no where to live etc..even though these things are all untrue.
People have said there will be a paper trail but there won't,as he deals with cash in hand,nothing goes through his bank and he puts the bare minimum on his self assesment tax return.

This is why i think it will be pointless raising questions regarding his lifestyle.
davidterry - 28 August, 2017 05:51PM
If the only issue is how to divide the net proceeds of sale of the former matrimonial home what is the point of asking questions which are irrelevant to that? The law is about what is relevant, not about point scoring. If questions are irrelevant a judge will (politely) ignore them.
karen9764 - 28 August, 2017 06:02PM
Thank you davidterry.

So if hubby makes himself look poor and destitute with his lies on Form E,there is no point questioning this as it is irrelevant to the division of the house split. Will what he puts down not make it look like he is in need of a larger share as i think this is his reasoning.
davidterry - 29 August, 2017 09:38AM
Your husband is 66 and claiming his state pension. Unless you are alleging that he has significant capital and/or a large income which he is not declaring it is hard to see the point of this. What mortgage capacity do you think is going to attribute to a 66 year old? Not much of one I should think.
karen9764 - 29 August, 2017 02:37PM
Of course you are correct in everything you are saying david terry.

No the income he is not declaring isn't a significant amount,probably around £200 per week and i have no intention of asking for maintenance anyway,i want a clean break.

I am just concerned that hubby is expressing his need for a larger share of the family home split,by lying and pleading poverty on his Form E which i find a little unfair. I have no intention of lying or hiding anything and nor should i.
davidterry - 29 August, 2017 04:00PM
A husband will have his work cut out to get more than half. There are all sorts of reasons why it is often relatively easy for a wife to get more than half. For a husband it is much more difficult. Courts are usually very reluctant to go there.
Goto Topic: Previous Next

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.