Ending the marriage- the process to decree absolute
Financial issues in divorce- ancillary relief
Divorce and Pensions
Divorce advice for men
Divorce for non residents
DIY divorces
Timescale - quick divorce or not
Wills & divorce
Legal Aid











Prenuptial Agreements
Judicial Separation
Changing surnames
Civil partnerships


Legal Stuff
This is a UK based forum about divorce and related issues. Feel free to contribute. Your experiences or opinions may help others. The links on the left lead to basic information about most common divorce questions. The information opens in a separate window. You can use the search function to search the forum.
User: Log In Create A New Profile
Actions: New Topic Print View RSS
History: Home UK Divorce Forum
Divorce after 5 years (3 Posts)
Started By:
16 August, 2017 03:07PM
Divorce after 5 years
JulieC - 16 August, 2017 03:07PM
5 years ago my husband was removed by the police, from the marital home due to domestic violence.
I've made a new life for myself and he doesn't know where I am.
My son has today received a message from him through Facebook saying he wants to start divorce proceedings and wants my address! Is there a way around this? I had an injunction on him when he was removed and I don't want him to know where I am, even now.
Any advice would be appreciated.
Re: Divorce after 5 years
Andyk - 16 August, 2017 10:47PM
I imagine you could engage a solicitor and get him to deal through them, it will cost you though.
Re: Divorce after 5 years
davidterry - 17 August, 2017 06:10PM
Bearing in mind you have been separated for five years it is sensible for one of you to seek a divorce so that you can both move on with your lives. Although it is possible to accept divorce proceedings while withholding your address (by instructing a solicitor to accept service on your behalf, for example) the fact is that you cannot withhold your address when it comes to resolving the financial issues arising from the marriage because where you live and the terms of your occupation are very relevant to that issue. Therefore it would be sensible to bite the bullet and disclose your address. You did call the police to have your husband removed from the matrimonial home. I am quite sure that you will do the same again if he bothers you at your new address.
Goto Topic: Previous Next

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.