Cohabitees
Judicial Separation
Changing surnames
Civil partnerships

Contact
Contact

Legal Stuff
Disclaimer
This is a UK based forum about divorce and related issues. Feel free to contribute. Your experiences or opinions may help others. The links on the left lead to basic information about most common divorce questions. The information opens in a separate window. You can use the search function to search the forum.
User: Log In Create A New Profile
Actions: New Topic Print View RSS
Search
History: Home UK Divorce Forum
Topic:
Can't help but feel like this will never end (4 Posts)
Started By:
Date:
16 August, 2017 07:02AM
Can't help but feel like this will never end
AFrustratedBecky - 16 August, 2017 07:02AM
This should be a simple divorce, not children, no complications.

He has dragged this out from the beginning. He made it clear that he will make this as expensive for me as possible so I am left with debt when it comes to the settlement.

He is the petitioner so I have no control over the divorce. He got his application for a decree nisi months ago and has done nothing about it. Now he has stopped responding and stopped instructing his solicitor.

I don't see an end to this mess!!

This forum has been so supportive, I am so grateful to David Terry for creating it!
Re: Can't help but feel like this will never end
Bubblegum - 16 August, 2017 12:49PM
Has he made an application to the Court for a financial order? Have you attended a MIAM?
If not, you can do this by completing form A. You will be the applicant and the Court will set the timescales for moving the case forward.
davidterry - 18 August, 2017 05:50PM
If you have to make a court application in order to force a resolution you may be able to do a lot yourself and thereby save a lot of money. If the circumstances are simple as you say this may be practical. It is obvious your husband is in no hurry to conclude anything so you may have to take the initiative and make an application to the court to get everything settled.
AFrustratedBecky - 21 August, 2017 10:24AM
Thank you for your replies bubblegum and DavidTerry.

Thankfully he made a fair offer which I accepted. I am now waiting for the consent order to be approved.

Thanks for all your help smiling smiley
Goto Topic: Previous Next

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.