Topic:
Threat (5 Posts)
Started By:
Date:
15 August, 2017 09:08PM
Threat
suman - 15 August, 2017 09:08PM
Hi All,

I will really appreciate a prompt response. Ex earns £5K monthly and I earn £1300 monthly. He voluntarily moved out of the matrimonial home nearly a year ago and has been renting since. I have been contributing towards child expense, day 2 day expenses and the remaining goes towards paying instalments towards high debts accumulated so I don't have any funds left. Ex has been paying mortgage and other basic amenities however now threatens to stop paying all of it stating reason that he financially can't afford it.

Please advise what I can do. Can he just cancel all payments? What are my options?

FYI- next financial hearing in October.

Thanks
Re: Threat
Bubblegum - 15 August, 2017 10:35PM
Do the children live with you?
Are you claiming child maintenance through the CMS?
Have to taken a look at what benefits you are entitled to as a single parent? I.e. Tax credits.
Have you considered applying for maintenance pending suite?
suman - 15 August, 2017 11:28PM
Thank you for the prompt response. I am a litigant in person since I can't afford a Solicitor. My child under 10yrs lives with me in the matrimonial home.

I have not applied for CMS or MPS. I will search the benefits for single parent. Meanwhile please advise am I under obligation to pay the mortgage and bills knowing that I can't afford it and that mortgage and bills are in his name apart from utility bills in joint names. What are the pros and cons?

Thank you
suman - 21 August, 2017 08:52PM
Hi! Can someone please advise am I under obligation to pay the mortgage and bills knowing that I can't afford it and that mortgage and bills are in his name apart from utility bills in joint names. What are the pros n cons?

Thank you.
Andyk - 21 August, 2017 09:25PM
The cons of not paying it are that you will trash your credit if you dont pay any bills in your name, and if the mortgage goes unpaid you run the risk of the Boise being repossessed. Speak to the bank Andy utility companies and let them know your situation and apply for MPS and child maintenance.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.