Cohabitees
Judicial Separation
Changing surnames
Civil partnerships

Contact
Contact

Legal Stuff
Disclaimer
This is a UK based forum about divorce and related issues. Feel free to contribute. Your experiences or opinions may help others. The links on the left lead to basic information about most common divorce questions. The information opens in a separate window. You can use the search function to search the forum.
User: Log In Create A New Profile
Actions: New Topic Print View RSS
Search
History: Home UK Divorce Forum
Topic:
D6 Statement of Reconciliation (4 Posts)
Started By:
Date:
02 August, 2017 02:41PM
D6 Statement of Reconciliation
Nearlythere - 02 August, 2017 02:41PM
If the petitioner Solicitor never sent in the D6 Statement of Reconciliation form with the divorce petition. When would the Courts let his solicitor know? Is it before the petiton gets sent out or would it be at the Decree Nisi stage where the Judge is checking all the relevant paperwork? Would he then refuse the Decree Nisi without this paperwork?
Thank you
Re: D6 Statement of Reconciliation
davidterry - 03 August, 2017 02:35PM
If the divorce petition is issued by a solicitor the court will not issue the petition unless it is accompanied by a statement of conciliation.
Nearlythere - 03 August, 2017 03:46PM
My husband solicitor said she received a letter saying the decree nisi was refused because she never sent the statement with the divorce petition. So what you are saying is that I would never have received the divorce petition if she didn't send this form. I don't understand why she said that then.

Thank you David
davidterry - 03 August, 2017 06:09PM
>>So what you are saying is that I would never have received the divorce petition if she didn't send this form.

That is what is supposed to happen. It is just like sending a divorce petition without the court fee or the money to issue the petition. Omissions like this normally prevent the divorce petition being issued in the first place. However, court staff can be incompetent like anyone else so you an ask them and/or your husband's what has happened and ask what needs to be done to put it right. Personally I would have thought that all your husband's solicitor needs to do is file the certificate now and renew the request for directions but you can never be 100% sure with courts.
Goto Topic: Previous Next

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.