Disclaimer
Topic:
Final Hearing (3 Posts)
Started By:
Date:
21 July, 2017 04:11PM
Final Hearing
James82 - 21 July, 2017 04:11PM
Going for Final Hearing with my dear ex. At the FDR she requested for 100% of the Net equity even though she is on a good salary (over 40K). Her Barrister claims she need all of the equity with additional 800quid per month for spousal maintenance. At the moment I pay her £350 quid for child maintenance (1 child due to start grade R this year)
Am self employed and they are coming after the company. I offered 50:50 split with a clean break. What do I do to ensure am not shafted. I also discovered she has hidden loads of money away.
Re: Final Hearing
Bubblegum - 21 July, 2017 05:12PM
It's impossible to say what would be a fair outcome as there is so much information missing. But the child's needs will be the court's priority and as the child lives with the mother, she will have a greater needs case.

What is you company worth and what do you earn from it?
What court admissible evidence do you have of her hidden assets?
Do you have legal representation for the FH?
I think you'd be crazy to go to a final hearing without having at least consulted a lawyer for a realistic prospect/outcome. There is a huge difference in you positions.
Re: Final Hearing
davidterry - 24 July, 2017 05:48PM
>>At the FDR she requested for 100% of the Net equity

A great deal depends upon what the net equity is and where the property is. If the net equity is £100K her barrister may have a point. If it is £900K then it would be very unlikely 100% to one spouse would be appropriate. Also, properties cost more in, say, Fulham than Worksop so it also depends where you are talking about.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.