Judicial Separation
Changing surnames
Civil partnerships

Contact
Contact

Legal Stuff
Disclaimer
Topic:
Certificate of Entitlement to a Decree (4 Posts)
Started By:
Date:
09 July, 2017 01:04PM
Certificate of Entitlement to a Decree
Mike78 - 09 July, 2017 01:04PM
I got a letter today stating the below.

respondent is myself.
===============================
Certificate of Entitlement to a Decree

The court certifies that the petitoner has sufficently proved the contents of the petition and is entitled to a decree of divorce on the grounds that the marriage has irretrievably broken down, the facts found proved being the respondeent's unresonable behaviour and to an order that the respondent pays the costs of the petitioner such costs to be assessed if not agreed.

--------------
Take notice that court has fixed the 14th Auguest 2017 at 11:00 am for th epronouncement of a decree and the making of the orders included in the assistant justice clerk certificate before a Distinct judge sitting at the family court.

===============================

I understod that divorce will happen on 3rd Auguest.

can somone please please kindly tell me is that correct and is yes what would be the nest steps ?

what is the costs the letter talks about ?

Thanks in advance.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/07/2017 11:08PM by Mike78.
Re: Certificate of Entitlement to a Decree
davidterry - 09 July, 2017 02:28PM
>>I understod that divorce will happen on 3rd Auguest.

No. Decree nisi will be pronounced on 3rd August. Decree nisi is not the divorce. Decree nisi is a stage in the process before divorce can be granted.

>>what is the costs the letter talks about ?

It means you are being ordered to pay the costs of obtaining the divorce. Whether there are any costs depends upon whether the petitioner had to pay any court fee to issue a divorce petition and/or whether the petitioner incurred any legal costs.
Mike78 - 09 July, 2017 11:09PM
Many thanks for your response.

Just to clarify, I have to pay the court fees only or the lawyer charges as well which my partner had spent ?
Any idea how much these charges would be roughly, please ? under 1000£ ?

Can i oppose these costs ?

Thanks in Ton !
davidterry - 10 July, 2017 08:00AM
>>Just to clarify, I have to pay the court fees only or the lawyer charges as well which my partner had spent ?

I think I have already said that the costs include any lawyer's costs which the petitioner has incurred.

>>Any idea how much these charges would be roughly, please ? under 1000£ ?

No. You should ask the petitioner or the petitioner's solicitor to see if they can be agreed.

>>Can i oppose these costs ?

There is a procedure for doing so which the court can explain to you if you ask. Whether your objection would be successful is anyone's guess.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.