Cohabitees
Judicial Separation
Changing surnames
Civil partnerships

Contact
Contact

Legal Stuff
Disclaimer
This is a UK based forum about divorce and related issues. Feel free to contribute. Your experiences or opinions may help others. The links on the left lead to basic information about most common divorce questions. The information opens in a separate window. You can use the search function to search the forum.
User: Log In Create A New Profile
Actions: New Topic Print View RSS
Search
History: Home UK Divorce Forum
Topic:
Where's my paperwork (3 Posts)
Started By:
Date:
30 June, 2017 01:48PM
Where's my paperwork
Anonymous123 - 30 June, 2017 01:48PM
Hi I sent divorce petition in January this year it is not end of June I haven't had even 1 letter back from the court. They haven't sent any paperwork to my stbex.
I rang the court today the guy I spokt to said he can't find anything on the system.
The paperwork was deffinetly delivered to the court as I used a signed for service.
The only marriage certificate I had was the one I sent them.
I just hope and pray nothings been misplaced by the court as I have been so patient.
Pls if you have any help or advice or have been through the same thing pls let me know any help and advice is welcome.
Re: Where's my paperwork
Bubblegum - 30 June, 2017 02:15PM
Wait! What! You waited six months and only now thought it may have gone walk abouts! Wow! That is patient.
You have a delivery receipt with the name of who signed. Has your cheque cleared? What did they Court suggest you should do or did they say they would look into it? Worst case scenario, you have to start again surely. It's a real shame you have waited so long. Paperwork goes missing all the time. At one point they had lost my entire file and I had to lend the Judge mine for the hearing. It turned up at the wrong Court eventually.
Re: Where's my paperwork
Anonymous123 - 30 June, 2017 02:37PM
I check d the delivery status and got rid of the receipt like an idiot.
I applied for the help with fees so no cheque included.
I was told this morning that if it had been signed for it wouldn't have been misplaced.
I was told to email the divorce centre which I did now waiting for a reply. I really hope they have it. Can't do much without a marriage certificate. As I was married abroad I don't think I'll be able to get a duplicate from here.
Yh that is patient as I'm doin it all by myself they say it takes between 4-9 months atleast so I've just been waiting like an idiot.
Feel so angry and stupid right now.
Goto Topic: Previous Next

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.