Cohabitees
Judicial Separation
Changing surnames
Civil partnerships

Contact
Contact

Legal Stuff
Disclaimer
This is a UK based forum about divorce and related issues. Feel free to contribute. Your experiences or opinions may help others. The links on the left lead to basic information about most common divorce questions. The information opens in a separate window. You can use the search function to search the forum.
User: Log In Create A New Profile
Actions: New Topic Print View RSS
Search
History: Home UK Divorce Forum
Topic:
Ex Wife looking to Go Back to Court (3 Posts)
Started By:
Date:
28 June, 2017 04:02PM
Ex Wife looking to Go Back to Court
Nigelti - 28 June, 2017 04:02PM
Hi,

Just after some general advice. My ex wife has been very vocal recently in threatening to take me back to court as she feels I lied to the court (which I disagree with) at the FDR hearing and seems to consider this as a mechanism to go back and ask for further money. In short, we split up and she divorced me for unreasonable behaviour. We came to a financial settlement which included spousal maintenance for a 5 year period alongside child maintenance payments and a split of assets. She has since found out about an earlier affair that I had. I had not previously told her about this as it was in the past and not relevant to the reasons for that split. This seems to be the crux of her issue and threats to return to court. While I understand the hurt about this news now coming out (and have apologised to her for that), I don't see that would constitute a reason to review the original agreement. I wondered what the process might be if she is serious about this and what I should expect next if she is serious about this?

Thanks
Nigel
Re: Ex Wife looking to Go Back to Court
Sam_Toucan - 28 June, 2017 04:20PM
I don't see the affair as a valid reason to review the financial split and I doubt a court would either.
Re: Ex Wife looking to Go Back to Court
Bubblegum - 28 June, 2017 06:03PM
Did she say what it is that she thinks you lied about?
It's not easy going back to court once an order has been made. She would need some pretty damning evidence about your financial disclosure not being honest.
Goto Topic: Previous Next

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.