Ending the marriage- the process to decree absolute
Financial issues in divorce- ancillary relief
Divorce and Pensions
Divorce advice for men
Divorce for non residents
DIY divorces
Timescale - quick divorce or not
Wills & divorce
Legal Aid











Prenuptial Agreements
Judicial Separation
Changing surnames
Civil partnerships


Legal Stuff
This is a UK based forum about divorce and related issues. Feel free to contribute. Your experiences or opinions may help others. The links on the left lead to basic information about most common divorce questions. The information opens in a separate window. You can use the search function to search the forum.
User: Log In Create A New Profile
Actions: New Topic Print View RSS
History: Home UK Divorce Forum
Child matter (4 Posts)
Started By:
19 June, 2017 04:07PM
Child matter
suman - 19 June, 2017 04:07PM
Hi All,

Married 10years
FMH is in sole name of my soon to be Ex
One child from the marriage who is 6yrs old.
The child lives with me in the FMH.
Ex moved out of the house few months back
Nisi issued in January 2017
The judge has decided that the child should stay with me in the FMH.
Ex has approached me to give the child to him and split the property Equity as 80:20. I would need to buy him out with 20% but keep the property.
Is it really possible to form an agreement as such when I have been given child custody? Or is he fooling me?
I know he really wants the child.
Please any assistance will be much appreciated.

Re: Child matter
Bubblegum - 21 June, 2017 03:06PM
You have a Child Arangements Order?
This is separate from the financial settlement. If he wants more access to the child he has to apply to have the Existing order varied. He shouldn't be using the child to negotiate a financial settlement although who the child lives with will impact on each party's needs.
Re: Child matter
Sam_Toucan - 22 June, 2017 02:19PM
I think the real question here is what do you want and what does the child want. Mixing these issues with financial ones is not a good thing
Re: Child matter
suman - 22 June, 2017 08:21PM
Thank you Bubblegum, there is an order in place for the child to live with me. He has access to the child but he wants custody.

Goto Topic: Previous Next

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.