Ending the marriage- the process to decree absolute
Financial issues in divorce- ancillary relief
Divorce and Pensions
Divorce advice for men
Divorce for non residents
DIY divorces
Timescale - quick divorce or not
Wills & divorce
Legal Aid











Prenuptial Agreements
Judicial Separation
Changing surnames
Civil partnerships


Legal Stuff
This is a UK based forum about divorce and related issues. Feel free to contribute. Your experiences or opinions may help others. The links on the left lead to basic information about most common divorce questions. The information opens in a separate window. You can use the search function to search the forum.
User: Log In Create A New Profile
Actions: New Topic Print View RSS
History: Home UK Divorce Forum
Voluntary financial disclosure (4 Posts)
Started By:
10 June, 2017 07:31AM
Voluntary financial disclosure
John86 - 10 June, 2017 07:31AM

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 13/07/2017 02:31PM by John86.
Re: Voluntary financial disclosure
John86 - 10 June, 2017 09:55AM
oh and we are both in our early 30s.
Re: Voluntary financial disclosure
jill_of_all_trades - 12 June, 2017 12:33PM
Find an experienced solicitor in a good firm and put the facts to him/her.

You start from 50/50 but then adjust to fit the facts. Pro you getting more: its a very short marriage, you put in more financially, her housing needs are met by her parents. Pro her getting more she has less income and a baby. ( I am not sure whether it is legally possible to register a baby with the biological father's details if the mother is married to someone else.)
Re: Voluntary financial disclosure
davidterry - 12 June, 2017 06:51PM
The house is jointly owned so I don't think you will get far with any argument that you contributed more financially. The assumption behind putting something into joint names is that you own it jointly. The same goes for marriage. It is normally regarded as a partnership. You will only get more than half if your ex agrees to that. If she does not then you do not have much of an argument.

For what it is worth the argument that she has somewhere to live with the child because she lives with her parents while you continue to live in what was the former matrimonial home is usually an unattractive one when there is a child involved.
Goto Topic: Previous Next

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.