Ending the marriage- the process to decree absolute
Financial issues in divorce- ancillary relief
Divorce and Pensions
Divorce advice for men
Divorce for non residents
DIY divorces
Timescale - quick divorce or not
Wills & divorce
Legal Aid











Prenuptial Agreements
Judicial Separation
Changing surnames
Civil partnerships


Legal Stuff
This is a UK based forum about divorce and related issues. Feel free to contribute. Your experiences or opinions may help others. The links on the left lead to basic information about most common divorce questions. The information opens in a separate window. You can use the search function to search the forum.
User: Log In Create A New Profile
Actions: New Topic Print View RSS
History: Home UK Divorce Forum
advice needed (2 Posts)
Started By:
08 June, 2017 04:23PM
advice needed
bubbles - 08 June, 2017 04:23PM
hallo i am repesenting myself due to lack of funds after paying alot for a solicitior who didn't move things forward but wrote lots, OH started the divorce, i employed a solicitor responeded then OH went quite 4 years on it has had a final hearing set which i attended from another country only to find it canceled when i got to the court, not expliantion, i return to my home at great costs, another date was set i wrote to the court explaining i had attened inclosed all costs flights, coaches and hotels etc and that i would not be able to attented this again due to me having a low paid job which i had only been at for 6 months, so the hearing went ahead and i now have a document which say order made by district judge blabla on the 16th may sitting in pravate subject to decree absolute.
It is ordered with effect from decree absolute

what does that mean?? is it the end am i divorce or is there more
Re: advice needed
davidterry - 12 June, 2017 05:56PM
It means a final order about the financial issues arising from the marriage has been made by a judge. This document does not not in itself tell you whether you are divorced. Only decree absolute dissolves the marriage. You need to contact the court to find out whether decree absolute has been granted. Only then will you know whether you are divorced or not.
Goto Topic: Previous Next

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.