Cohabitees
Judicial Separation
Changing surnames
Civil partnerships

Contact
Contact

Legal Stuff
Disclaimer
This is a UK based forum about divorce and related issues. Feel free to contribute. Your experiences or opinions may help others. The links on the left lead to basic information about most common divorce questions. The information opens in a separate window. You can use the search function to search the forum.
User: Log In Create A New Profile
Actions: New Topic Print View RSS
Search
History: Home UK Divorce Forum
Topic:
FH (2 Posts)
Started By:
Date:
22 May, 2017 02:46PM
FH
MQS - 22 May, 2017 02:46PM
Hi, I have a date in July for the final hearing for the financial side of things.my husband has decided he wants to bring bank statements to show he paid a substantial amount into my bank account in the past 5 years of us being together. My husband was always secretive about money and has hidden a lot since our split. The money he did put into my bank was for house improvements and things which he wouldn't pay himself because of working in Africa. He also wants my son as a character witness (my estranged son) but didn't ask for this at the FDR! We now have to appear at court in June for him to ask this of a judge because I refused his requests. I do have a lawyer and I have asked her questions about how this may pan out but she says she has no idea as she hasn't actually come across this before. I'm not asking Mr Terry for advice here but if anyone has been in a similar situation I would be so grateful to know what to expect.
I am divorcing my husband on the grounds of unreasonable behaviour. This has been on going back and forward for two years now because my husband has tried his very best to make sure it has cost me a fortune in the hope that I run out of funds for the legal fees! I work as a support worker and have to work very long hours to meet my legal bills. I have spent 10k + up to now.
I'm not asking for advice just an idea what to expect and if anyone else has been in this horrid situation. P.S my son is saying I married my husband for his money! My husband and I lived together for 13 years then married, it only lasted 2 years after that.
The thought of having to listen to my own son lying about me is so hard to bear. He is 30 years old and from a previous marriage. Thank you in advance X
Re: FH
Bubblegum - 22 May, 2017 07:24PM
I'm afraid I have no idea what you should expect. There is very little information regarding finances and 'needs' in your post. I'm surprised that your solicitor can't give you any indication ahead of a FH. What is so unique about your case that means there are no precedents to guide her? What was indicated at your FDR?
Goto Topic: Previous Next

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.