Cohabitees
Judicial Separation
Changing surnames
Civil partnerships

Contact
Contact

Legal Stuff
Disclaimer
This is a UK based forum about divorce and related issues. Feel free to contribute. Your experiences or opinions may help others. The links on the left lead to basic information about most common divorce questions. The information opens in a separate window. You can use the search function to search the forum.
User: Log In Create A New Profile
Actions: New Topic Print View RSS
Search
History: Home UK Divorce Forum
Topic:
Inaccurate financial disclosure (8 Posts)
Started By:
Date:
21 May, 2017 09:46PM
Inaccurate financial disclosure
Dlvibes - 21 May, 2017 09:46PM
Hi, I hope you can advice. We are currently at the stage of agreeing a settlement with both our soliciotirs on the financial aspect only to discover husband has provided an inaccurate financial disclosure on form E. He's Hidden savings accounts which has £100k that has only come to light. Can I raise this as the solicitors are at the stage of finanilising an agreement? I found the details of the hidden savings account whilst clearing the attic! I'm I too late to raise this now? Any advice will be greatly appreciated as I have to respond to his solicitors on the final proposal this week. Thanks.
Re: Inaccurate financial disclosure
davidterry - 22 May, 2017 01:23PM
£100K is significant in any context. You should raise it with your solicitor immediately and not respond to any proposal until you are satisfied with husband's answers.Occasionally people do genuinely forget about some things but this is not a trivial sum so questions have to be asked about it.
John86 - 08 June, 2017 04:34PM
Out of curiosity, is this voluntry financial disclosure?
Dlvibes - 16 June, 2017 02:36PM
Hi, yes it is voluntary disclosure.

I have today had a reply from my husbands solicitor. He indicates the account is his mothers and he is a co-signatory to the account. My question is he still required to disclose this and would he be required to provide 12 months bank statements for this account.? He refuses to do this so I'm confused. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Many thanks
davidterry - 16 June, 2017 04:20PM
If the account is his mother's he will need to provide some proof of that. If, say, his mother had an account in her sole name which contained £100K and she put his name as a joint signatory that is a different situation from an account containing £100K into which your husband and his mother each put £50K. What he says may be an answer but it is not a satisfactory answer without further documentation to corroborate it.
Dlvibes - 16 June, 2017 06:02PM
Thanks I will follow up with the solicitor on Monday requesting further documentation. Thank you.
Dlvibes - 22 June, 2017 12:53PM
Hello, I have another question please. I have also noticed that the information in the financial disclosure provided by my husband is in a form of a letter from his bank stating the current balance in the account only . I presume I can also ask for the 12 months statements and the letter stating the balance is not sufficient on its on?
To be honest should this not have been spotted by my solicitor? I feel I'm the one noticing and highlighting the information to the solicitor that I feel is missing and wondering what I'm paying them for. I'm I right in thinking this way or is the onerous on me to check everything? Any guidance greatly appreciated. Cheers
davidterry - 23 June, 2017 11:31AM
>>To be honest should this not have been spotted by my solicitor?

Don't you think these are actually matters which you should raise with your solicitor? That is what you are paying your solicitor for. Seeking advice from third parties whom you wish to second guess your solicitor is rarely sensible or helpful.
Goto Topic: Previous Next

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.