Cohabitees
Judicial Separation
Changing surnames
Civil partnerships

Contact
Contact

Legal Stuff
Disclaimer
This is a UK based forum about divorce and related issues. Feel free to contribute. Your experiences or opinions may help others. The links on the left lead to basic information about most common divorce questions. The information opens in a separate window. You can use the search function to search the forum.
User: Log In Create A New Profile
Actions: New Topic Print View RSS
Search
History: Home UK Divorce Forum
Topic:
iPhone iPad as assests? (5 Posts)
Started By:
Date:
19 May, 2017 11:03PM
iPhone iPad as assests?
xhikarux - 19 May, 2017 11:03PM
What counts as valuable assests? I have been given a solicitors form and I've to declare assests over £1000 per item.. then I see Form E saying only if over £500?

do iPhone and iPad count? They were both boought from an Asian country from current husband in the past as gifts. Much cheaper than Uk ones, and he's not got proof of how much he paid but wants to add them into my assests pot so he pays out less. Should these be included into the assest pot? What exactly is the value per item that should be added? And he's got an iPhone himself lol!

If u can let me know if gift count as martial assests?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 19/05/2017 11:36PM by xhikarux.
Re: iPhone iPad as assests?
HatMan - 20 May, 2017 06:17AM
Even if they were worth that as new items they certainly are not worth that as 2nd hand pieces of consumer electronics, ergo they should not be included - the very idea is ridiculous.
Spidermint - 06 June, 2017 07:33PM
My husband and I agreed to discount all electrical goods (TV etc) because they depreciate so much. I would think it just comes down to splitting it on the grounds of the person wanting to keep an item or not, not becuase of their value. It's worked out that I've got the hi-fi and dvd player, and he has the tv and recorder but it was more for convenience.
jill_of_all_trades - 07 June, 2017 10:14PM
Cars are ignored as assets unless they are really old and valuable or something like a Ferrari according to my solicitor.
davidterry - 08 June, 2017 08:53AM
>>Cars are ignored as assets unless they are really old and valuable or something like a Ferrari according to my solicitor.

That's correct. Ordinary cars are just treated as modes of transport rather than assets.
Goto Topic: Previous Next

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.