Ending the marriage- the process to decree absolute
Financial issues in divorce- ancillary relief
Divorce and Pensions
Divorce advice for men
Divorce for non residents
DIY divorces
Timescale - quick divorce or not
Wills & divorce
Legal Aid











Prenuptial Agreements
Judicial Separation
Changing surnames
Civil partnerships


Legal Stuff
This is a UK based forum about divorce and related issues. Feel free to contribute. Your experiences or opinions may help others. The links on the left lead to basic information about most common divorce questions. The information opens in a separate window. You can use the search function to search the forum.
User: Log In Create A New Profile
Actions: New Topic Print View RSS
History: Home UK Divorce Forum
When do use the term "buy out"? (2 Posts)
Started By:
18 May, 2017 08:28PM
When do use the term "buy out"?
xhikarux - 18 May, 2017 08:28PM
I don't know much about legal, but when do I use the term buy out? Does it only apply if I have a joint share of the house with current husband I.e. My name is also on the property?

Or does that apply too if my name is not on it
Re: When do use the term "buy out"?
davidterry - 19 May, 2017 09:58AM
A person can have an interest in a property without being on the title deeds. For instance if A owns a property and says (in writing) 'I hold the property in trust for B' then it is B who has the beneficial interest in the property. This is but one of many ways in which a person not on the title deeds may have an interest.

So long as you are clear about what you are proposing it really does not much matter what label you put upon it. It is the substance that matters and being clear about what is meant.
Goto Topic: Previous Next

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.