Cohabitees
Judicial Separation
Changing surnames
Civil partnerships

Contact
Contact

Legal Stuff
Disclaimer
This is a UK based forum about divorce and related issues. Feel free to contribute. Your experiences or opinions may help others. The links on the left lead to basic information about most common divorce questions. The information opens in a separate window. You can use the search function to search the forum.
User: Log In Create A New Profile
Actions: New Topic Print View RSS
Search
History: Home UK Divorce Forum
Topic:
Voluntary form e (5 Posts)
Started By:
Date:
08 April, 2017 05:30PM
Voluntary form e
confused123456 - 08 April, 2017 05:30PM
I've just submitted my voluntary form e to the ex's solicitor and picked up his.

I've had a look through it and pages 6 and 7 are missing from the print out, it goes from 5 - 8 on the same sheet of paper and there are only bank statements for two current accounts although he has mistakenly put in one months bank statement from the third account.

He has one current account at one bank and two of the same current accounts at another bank.

Money is tight and I am trying to sort this out without involving my solicitor where possible. Can I just email his solicitor requesting the missing bank statements? Also he failed to disclose the accounts for the business he opened up with his current partner 8 months ago. Can he do that or should I request those to before handing over the form e to my solicitor.

The only asset is the house.
Re: Voluntary form e
Nitanoo - 09 April, 2017 08:49AM
In my experience you can ask your solicitor to request the missing documents or you can write to his solicitor yourself but I would always speak to your solicitor before doing that. It's a legal document & could be produced at court.
davidterry - 09 April, 2017 09:47AM
>>The only asset is the house.

Then you are probably wasting time and money messing around with Forms E. If you are both satisfied you know the other's basic financial position it is a waste of time and money chasing down every bank statement and payslip.
confused123456 - 09 April, 2017 05:29PM
The problem is he won't move from 50/50 although he is in a better financial position and I will have no income at all once the house is sold as i am unable to work due to disability. We also have three children under 10 to care for which are currently looked after under a shared care arrangement so no maintenance either.

The idea of the voluntary form e is to get an idea of a fair split of the equity in the house.
davidterry - 10 April, 2017 02:32PM
What difference does financial disclosure make if the object is to get more than half the value of the house? You presumably both know how much that is worth and you know why you say you need more than half. The nature of that issue is such that it is not likely to be affected by the contents of payslips,r bank statements or pension entitlements.
Goto Topic: Previous Next

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.