Judicial Separation
Changing surnames
Civil partnerships

Contact
Contact

Legal Stuff
Disclaimer
Topic:
Can I change my Divorce Settlement (3 Posts)
Started By:
Date:
06 April, 2017 10:17AM
Can I change my Divorce Settlement
Just Asking - 06 April, 2017 10:17AM
Hi All

I have been divorced now for 8 months and walked away from my ex with nothing except a small amount of child maintenance that was based on 50/50 shared custody. The 50/50 arrangement only lasted for about 4 weeks after which I started to have him more and more. It has now become a 70/30 split with me having him the majority of the time. I do not have any issue with this arrangment but the goal posts keep moving and I feel that as the arrangements are no longer in line with the original agreement, these should be formally changed. I did ask him if he would increase the maintenace amount to cover the extra days and he has refused, he also refuses to buy him any school uniform to keep at his house as he is of the opinion that that is my responsibility as he give me money for our childs upkeep.

If I can have the agreement changed how do I go about doing so as I am stuck in the situation where I do not qualify for legal aid but cannot afford a solicitor. (I represented myself in court originally, probably the reason I walked away with nothing.)

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Re: Can I change my Divorce Settlement
davidterry - 06 April, 2017 02:57PM
Assuming your agreement about child maintenance became a court order you can apply to have child maintenance formally assessed by the CSA (or whatever it is called now) once one year has passed from the date of the order. That is probably the simplest.
Re: Can I change my Divorce Settlement
Just Asking - 07 April, 2017 01:13PM
Thank you.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.