Ending the marriage- the process to decree absolute
Financial issues in divorce- ancillary relief
Divorce and Pensions
Divorce advice for men
Divorce for non residents
DIY divorces
Timescale - quick divorce or not
Wills & divorce
Legal Aid











Prenuptial Agreements
Judicial Separation
Changing surnames
Civil partnerships


Legal Stuff
Court to sign deeds over to me (2 Posts)
Started By:
29 March, 2017 11:56AM
Court to sign deeds over to me
ella68 - 29 March, 2017 11:56AM
I've had my financials in court where I was awarded the flat we got while married- The judge Ruled that my ex needed to sign the deeds over to me. I asked a lawyer to contact my ex, as we are estranged and he lives abroad, and he refused to sign anything over.
I need to do this through court/ judge and get the court to sign it to me, my finances are low but I have equity on the house so am not eligible for any help, can I do this court signing over on my own? as I already have proof of trying to contact with no success
Re: Court to sign deeds over to me
davidterry - 29 March, 2017 01:44PM
>>can I do this court signing over on my own?

I doubt it. An application needs to be made to the court for a District Judge to sign the documentation on your ex's behalf and that documentation needs to be prepared such that it is effective and does not cause conveyancing problems in the future. This is a tricky enough thing for a lawyer to deal with because it is a non standard type of situation which does not occur very often. I doubt if many litigants in person can do this. If the property is mortgaged the mortgage lender may also insist upon a solicitor acting.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.