Cohabitees
Judicial Separation
Changing surnames
Civil partnerships

Contact
Contact

Legal Stuff
Disclaimer
This is a UK based forum about divorce and related issues. Feel free to contribute. Your experiences or opinions may help others. The links on the left lead to basic information about most common divorce questions. The information opens in a separate window. You can use the search function to search the forum.
User: Log In Create A New Profile
Actions: New Topic Print View RSS
Search
History: Home UK Divorce Forum
Topic:
Maintenance Pending Suit (MPS) - any hope? (1 Post)
Started By:
Date:
17 March, 2017 11:50AM
Maintenance Pending Suit (MPS) - any hope?
CaptainM - 17 March, 2017 11:50AM
I have my MPS hearing coming up soon (as part of first finance hearing) and am wondering what outcomes others have had with these applications?

STBXH and I were supposed to have exchanged Form Es a couple of weeks ago. He has ceased all contribution to our young children since our separation early last year, despite them mainly living with me.

He is the higher earner (by far), has rental properties etc and has refused to submit his Form E (despite me chasing a couple of times), presumably because he is buying time to dispose assets - which I have evidence of.

I'm guessing the finance hearing would not happen as planned and he'll just get told off for not submitting his Form E. We will then get given a date for months away as courts are so busy!

Should I be holding out hope for the MPS hearing? At least, he can start contributing something before the next hearing. Can't keep accumulating debt!

Also, has anyone used a barrister for MPS? My ex will try every trick known to man to help him shy away from his responsibilities!
Goto Topic: Previous Next

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.