Ending the marriage- the process to decree absolute
Financial issues in divorce- ancillary relief
Divorce and Pensions
Divorce advice for men
Divorce for non residents
DIY divorces
Timescale - quick divorce or not
Wills & divorce
Legal Aid











Prenuptial Agreements
Judicial Separation
Changing surnames
Civil partnerships


Legal Stuff
This is a UK based forum about divorce and related issues. Feel free to contribute. Your experiences or opinions may help others. The links on the left lead to basic information about most common divorce questions. The information opens in a separate window. You can use the search function to search the forum.
User: Log In Create A New Profile
Actions: New Topic Print View RSS
History: Home UK Divorce Forum
disputed financial settlement help (1 Post)
Started By:
26 February, 2017 07:36PM
disputed financial settlement help
Nitanoo - 26 February, 2017 07:36PM
My partner is getting divorced from his wife of 13 years after she had an affair with a work colleague and is now living with this man & buying a house with him. My partner & his ex have no children together but he has a child from previous relationship for whom he still pays maintenance. They had been separated for weeks before I met him & it was all amicable. However after she found out about me she turned very hostile (even though she had the affair & left him) and is now going for his pension, a future inheritance order & further shares of his assets. My partner is a Police Officer & she also works for the Police as a civilian, they both earn very similar amounts & she even earned more than him over the last 18 months. She has very good pension provision & has been paid the equity out of their joint house which she chose to leave over a year ago and signed the house over to him. Savings and other joint assets were also split 50/50. My partners solicitor has told him that she would have been had advice not to pursue this any further but for some reason she wants part of his lump sum commutation once he retires and continues to pursue it. We believe she just wants him to spend out on huge legal fees as she is not represented but has had some legal advice on & off. Has anyone got any advice on this & how to go forward with this or been through similar?
Goto Topic: Previous Next

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.