Cohabitees
Judicial Separation
Changing surnames
Civil partnerships

Contact
Contact

Legal Stuff
Disclaimer
This is a UK based forum about divorce and related issues. Feel free to contribute. Your experiences or opinions may help others. The links on the left lead to basic information about most common divorce questions. The information opens in a separate window. You can use the search function to search the forum.
User: Log In Create A New Profile
Actions: New Topic Print View RSS
Search
History: Home UK Divorce Forum
Topic:
Confused with mediation and financial order form (5 Posts)
Started By:
Date:
13 February, 2017 01:41PM
Confused with mediation and financial order form
Bbaby - 13 February, 2017 01:41PM
Is mediation a must even though we have come to our own agreement and preparing consent order? From the gov site, it day I have to fill in financial order form, but this form can only be returned once mediation has taken place? Confused
Re: Confused with mediation and financial order form
Andyk - 13 February, 2017 04:28PM
I thought you only had to have mediation if you couldn't come to an agreement and wanted the courts to decide for you.
Bubblegum - 13 February, 2017 08:24PM
You will not need to complete a MIAM or mediation. Form A clearly states that MIAM is not necessary for a consent order. You just need to complete the form A for dismissal purposes attach the draft order, attach form D81 and pay the £50 fee. Then hope the judge approves it!

Page 4 of Form A states the following;

"You must have attended a MIAM before making this application unless the requirement to attend a MIAM does not apply because the financial order you are applying for:
• is for a consent order; or
• you are exempt from the requirement to attend a MIAM. (Some exemptions you can claim for yourself, others
must be certi ed by an authorised family mediator)."

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 13/02/2017 09:10PM by Bubblegum.
Bbaby - 13 February, 2017 11:09PM
Bubblegum, there just wasn't a box for me to tick at all in part 2 where they said I must complete part 2. No boxes there are appropriate for me. Should I leave it blank? Also regarding the finance income, is it only the net income I fill if we both agreed to have periodic payment for maintence? No other finance involved just child maintenance.
Bubblegum - 14 February, 2017 09:09AM
Sorry I don't know the answer to the finance question, but at the top of your form A write "for dismissal purposes only" and you don't tick any of the boxes in section 2 because they don't apply to you.
Goto Topic: Previous Next

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.