Ending the marriage- the process to decree absolute
Financial issues in divorce- ancillary relief
Divorce and Pensions
Divorce advice for men
Divorce for non residents
DIY divorces
Timescale - quick divorce or not
Wills & divorce
Legal Aid











Prenuptial Agreements
Judicial Separation
Changing surnames
Civil partnerships


Legal Stuff
This is a UK based forum about divorce and related issues. Feel free to contribute. Your experiences or opinions may help others. The links on the left lead to basic information about most common divorce questions. The information opens in a separate window. You can use the search function to search the forum.
User: Log In Create A New Profile
Actions: New Topic Print View RSS
History: Home UK Divorce Forum
What to sent back consent order and 2 other forms? (3 Posts)
Started By:
13 February, 2017 01:14PM
What to sent back consent order and 2 other forms?
Bbaby - 13 February, 2017 01:14PM
Hi I'm very confused here

Once draft consent order is obtained, do I have to print 2 other forms and send back:

a notice of an application for a financial order
a statement of information form

What i don't understand is that I thought the application for financial order is only filled in when both can't reach agreement? Or if both haven't gone to mediation?

We both have our own agreement do we still have to attend mediation?
Re: What to sent back consent order and 2 other forms?
Bubblegum - 13 February, 2017 09:16PM
No mediation required
You need to complete form a in order to make an application to court so that your consent order can be approved by a judge and turned into a legally binding court order. The fee is £50.
You both need to complete the d81 form to provide some basic financial disclosure so that the judge can see that the consent order is fair to both parties before it is approved.
Re: What to sent back consent order and 2 other forms?
davidterry - 17 February, 2017 02:25PM
Bearing in mind that questions like these are being asked it would be sensible to seek your own independent legal advice before committing yourself to any terms of settlement. Although you can do this on a DIY basis if you want this is precisely the sort of thing that can lead to a lot of problems later on if you do not first seek your own independent legal advice.
Goto Topic: Previous Next

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.