Cohabitees
Judicial Separation
Changing surnames
Civil partnerships

Contact
Contact

Legal Stuff
Disclaimer
This is a UK based forum about divorce and related issues. Feel free to contribute. Your experiences or opinions may help others. The links on the left lead to basic information about most common divorce questions. The information opens in a separate window. You can use the search function to search the forum.
User: Log In Create A New Profile
Actions: New Topic Print View RSS
Search
History: Home UK Divorce Forum
Topic:
open offer help please? (6 Posts)
Started By:
Date:
09 February, 2017 04:26PM
open offer help please?
dellou - 09 February, 2017 04:26PM
Hi I have to make an open offer to the courts for final hearing. Any advice on what a reasonable offer would be-

Wife: 50k equity in property
Married including co hab (8 years)

Husband- 30k assets

Marital debt £6k ( was 9k but I have paid £3k off)

State pensions only,

Both aged 52
No children to the marriage.

History
wife owned property 11 years before marriage. Husband bought no assets to marriage. ( sent to prison for attempted murder on me, his litigation behaviour has been bad- two penal notices and still didn't comply, gambling and financial behaviour during the marriage has been evidenced- I have paid off his business bank loan of £25k, can I include this in my calculations?

Any idea what the correct format is for making the open offer and do I need to state the reasons after each bullet point? are there any links for sample statements that I could use? any ideas please?
Re: open offer help please?
davidterry - 09 February, 2017 05:57PM
Everything to you, nothing to him? You are, after all, entitled to damages for attempted murder. Or is there some reason why he should be left with anything?
dellou - 09 February, 2017 06:21PM
Thank you David I am hoping the courts will see that he is not entitled to anything from me- there is no reason he is entitled to anything except he may come after me again! I have a non- mol order but that wouldn't stop him! If I offered something he may leave me alone? he has two penal notices for non disclosure and still I have not a lot to go on- do I have to put reasons in my offer under my bullet points?
Bubblegum - 09 February, 2017 06:27PM
I'm with David. His conduct s shocking. Go for the lot, I take you've made a needs case for all the assets.
You're almost there now! I'm afraid I'm a few weeks away from open offers which my barrister will draft- otherwise I would have sent you mine to use as a template. I'll let you know if I find anything of help though.smileys with beer
dellou - 09 February, 2017 07:19PM
Thanks Bubble- yes I have made a needs case- I need my home as my Father lives with me four nights a week as he has Alzheimers and my Mum is struggling with her own health issues as well. I am hoping this will be taken into consideration? If you can find a draft copy that would be a great help- I have looked but cannot find one- I mainly need to know if I need to explain each bullet point underneath? x
Bubblegum - 09 February, 2017 07:25PM
My understanding is that this can be set out in the form of a letter and should specify the issues that are in dispute and terms of the order sought. It would seem sensible to set out the justification of each of the terms/order.
Goto Topic: Previous Next

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.