Ending the marriage- the process to decree absolute
Financial issues in divorce- ancillary relief
Divorce and Pensions
Divorce advice for men
Divorce for non residents
DIY divorces
Timescale - quick divorce or not
Wills & divorce
Legal Aid











Prenuptial Agreements
Judicial Separation
Changing surnames
Civil partnerships


Legal Stuff
This is a UK based forum about divorce and related issues. Feel free to contribute. Your experiences or opinions may help others. The links on the left lead to basic information about most common divorce questions. The information opens in a separate window. You can use the search function to search the forum.
User: Log In Create A New Profile
Actions: New Topic Print View RSS
History: Home UK Divorce Forum
Claim 50% of matrimonial house? (3 Posts)
Started By:
07 February, 2017 03:14PM
Claim 50% of matrimonial house?
Bbaby - 07 February, 2017 03:14PM
Anyone know if 50:50 split of the house means I also be in debt of paying 50% mortgage ? Or if husband is unable to pay anymore in future I will have to take over full mortgage debt?
Re: Claim 50% of matrimonial house?
shazam - 07 February, 2017 03:57PM
My mortgage provider told me that if you are both named on the mortgage then you are both liable together and individually. The mortgage can be paid 50/50 by both of you or if you don't pay he must pay 100% but similarly if he doesn't pay you will be expected to pay the full 100% of the mortgage, but only if you are named on it.
Re: Claim 50% of matrimonial house?
Andyk - 07 February, 2017 03:59PM
If the house is to be split 50/50 that would usually mean that one of you pay the other their 50% share of the equity (Valuation, less any outstanding mortgage, less selling fees) and buy the other out, usually by taking out a mortgage. If neither can afford to do that then the house would be sold and after paying the mortgage and selling fees you split whatever is left.
Goto Topic: Previous Next

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.