Cohabitees
Judicial Separation
Changing surnames
Civil partnerships

Contact
Contact

Legal Stuff
Disclaimer
This is a UK based forum about divorce and related issues. Feel free to contribute. Your experiences or opinions may help others. The links on the left lead to basic information about most common divorce questions. The information opens in a separate window. You can use the search function to search the forum.
User: Log In Create A New Profile
Actions: New Topic Print View RSS
Search
History: Home UK Divorce Forum
Topic:
listed as a reserve case (3 Posts)
Started By:
Date:
06 February, 2017 02:12PM
listed as a reserve case
karenlr - 06 February, 2017 02:12PM
Hi
well with all the stress of losing my solicitor to early retirement and the boss not 'having time' to look through my file I have found myself with a new solicitor from the same firm 3 weeks before i am due for a final hearing
Apart from the fact that my husband will not produce updated CETV for his pensions (this is covered in another post here)
I had a letter late Fri night from the newly assigned solicitor ...her first paragraph was to inform me that she wanted to make me aware that my final hearing was actually a 'reserve case' and the other case that day would be taking priority
I certainly wasn't told this... and she has shown concern that I wasn't
Does this mean that i could pay out for the court bundle work and my barristers fees only to turn up and find we couldn't have our hearing?
If so when it goes again to court do I have to pay all over again? I cant see a barrister doing a bogoff?
I,m not happy about this at all
along with the lack of CETVs from my husband surely i have a strong case for postponing my final hearing?
it seems to be falling on deaf ears!!
Re: listed as a reserve case
davidterry - 06 February, 2017 06:46PM
You should be asking your solicitor these questions. That is what you are paying them for.
Re: listed as a reserve case
karenlr - 06 February, 2017 07:11PM
I am but they are not answering!
Goto Topic: Previous Next

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.