Cohabitees
Judicial Separation
Changing surnames
Civil partnerships

Contact
Contact

Legal Stuff
Disclaimer
This is a UK based forum about divorce and related issues. Feel free to contribute. Your experiences or opinions may help others. The links on the left lead to basic information about most common divorce questions. The information opens in a separate window. You can use the search function to search the forum.
User: Log In Create A New Profile
Actions: New Topic Print View RSS
Search
History: Home UK Divorce Forum
Topic:
Please can anyone advise (3 Posts)
Started By:
Date:
31 January, 2017 08:46AM
Please can anyone advise
*justme - 31 January, 2017 08:46AM
So myself and husband are getting divorced. Decree nisi will be first of march and today he came with a letter for me to sign transferring deeds of the home into his name only. We have nothing in writing saying what I shall be getting though we verbally agreed. He said it is supposed to be done like this. If I signed this and the deeds were in his name only would I have no claim on the house or any claim of any kind. Should I wait .
At a loss as to where I stand. He basically stormed out calling me an idiot for not signing. I am just wanting to make sure that I am protected
If anyone can help on how I move forward I would appreciate it
Re: Please can anyone advise
Andyk - 31 January, 2017 09:22AM
Dont sign anything until it forms part of a formal consent order sorting out the finances and has been approved by the court.
Re: Please can anyone advise
karenlr - 31 January, 2017 02:49PM
Please dont sign anything without running it pass your solicitor first...I,m going through a very nasty divorce at the moment and trust everything needs to be in writing and proved!
Goto Topic: Previous Next

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.