Ending the marriage- the process to decree absolute
Financial issues in divorce- ancillary relief
Divorce and Pensions
Divorce advice for men
Divorce for non residents
DIY divorces
Timescale - quick divorce or not
Wills & divorce
Legal Aid











Prenuptial Agreements
Judicial Separation
Changing surnames
Civil partnerships


Legal Stuff
This is a UK based forum about divorce and related issues. Feel free to contribute. Your experiences or opinions may help others. The links on the left lead to basic information about most common divorce questions. The information opens in a separate window. You can use the search function to search the forum.
User: Log In Create A New Profile
Actions: New Topic Print View RSS
History: Home UK Divorce Forum
Letter to judge support consent order (2 Posts)
Started By:
30 January, 2017 04:28PM
Letter to judge support consent order
Rickking4252 - 30 January, 2017 04:28PM
Hi I am at the stage where myself and ex wife are about to submit a consent order to the court to agree a financial settlement in regard to a clean break divorce. We have agreed the contents of the order and the amount of money my wife wishes to receive. The solicitor has advised that we draft a letter to the judge to accompany the proposal because there is a large monetary difference between myself and my ex wife. She has stated she wants a sum of money of her choosing and does not wish to make any further claim against my house or pension rights.
How should my ex wife 'word' this letter to make it clear to the judge that she is content for just the sum of money and no further claim?
Thank you.
Re: Letter to judge support consent order
davidterry - 30 January, 2017 05:59PM
You should ask the solicitor who gave you the advice I think.
Goto Topic: Previous Next

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.