Cohabitees
Judicial Separation
Changing surnames
Civil partnerships

Contact
Contact

Legal Stuff
Disclaimer
This is a UK based forum about divorce and related issues. Feel free to contribute. Your experiences or opinions may help others. The links on the left lead to basic information about most common divorce questions. The information opens in a separate window. You can use the search function to search the forum.
User: Log In Create A New Profile
Actions: New Topic Print View RSS
Search
History: Home UK Divorce Forum
Topic:
WHAT IF MY STBX MOVES ABROAD (3 Posts)
Started By:
Date:
26 January, 2017 03:37PM
WHAT IF MY STBX MOVES ABROAD
Jock - 26 January, 2017 03:37PM
I am at my 2nd FDR stage for divorce, but my stbx has been dragging their heels with not revealling all the relevant info on the E Form of what monies are in their different bank accounts and pensions and share schemes. We got an extension to the FDR back in Nov, as they were told by the judge they had to go away and come back with all the relevant answers in full to all the questions with regards to what the actual true value is in ALL his accounts by 20th Jan. I have just got the answers he has provided and once again they don't give any of the details he was asked to provide. I have a real concern that he is using these stall measures as a hold up because it has been brought to my attention he may be thinking of moving abroad before all this is sorted out at court. We are due back at court on 20th Feb but i know there wont be anything sorted out as i still don't know what his actual worth is.

My main concerns and Qs are :-

1) What will happen if they move abroad before a judgement is made, where do i stand ?

2) As they have not provided the correct info yet again for the 2nd time of asking, can the judge hold him in contempt or order him to once and for all provide the correct info and money values ?

Thanks for any help or advice in advance.
Re: WHAT IF MY STBX MOVES ABROAD
Jock - 27 January, 2017 03:37PM
I take it you dont have any advice about this David Terry, or anyone else for that matter ??
Re: WHAT IF MY STBX MOVES ABROAD
davidterry - 27 January, 2017 04:32PM
You appear to have a solicitor. There is no good reason why anyone should second guess your solicitor who does, presumably, know more about the background facts than anyone here.
Goto Topic: Previous Next

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.